- From Sunday to Tuesday, I had a mini-retreat with Jess & Sean in the Catskills (while housesitting for Rob & Sandy). It was an incredibly restorative trip in what might be a perfect house: tromping through pristine fields of snow, eating Sandy's incredible sourdough waffles, cat snuggles, cathartic conversations, curling up by the wood stove, reading.
- Attended my first in-person board meeting for Public Lab, where the strategic plan I've been facilitating was well-received.
- Had a great meeting with Gary about next steps for our 1K project now that the workshop is over.
- Put together a presentation for my State of the Orbital talk (an annual update on life and work at Orbital), which was made very easy because I've been blogging.
- Got a long overdue haircut!
- This morning, I sowed the seeds I got from the Toadshade Wildflower Farm, which need to be "cold stratified" (aka sit out in the cold) for weeks before the spring or they won't germinate: blue aster, spreading Jacob's ladder, wild bergamot, wild basil, confederate violets.
- Not being very consistent with my Morning Pages this week—only 2/7 days! And I haven't figured out my artist's date for the week, either, though I feel like the retreat to the Catskills scratched this itch somehow.
- My biggest goal for these two weeks was to fire off a bunch of emails inquiring about opportunities for collaboration during April/May, and I didn't end up having the time to focus on this. Partially because I prioritized important conversations about something else, and partially because there was more prep work for next week than anticipated.
- My email backlog is getting kind of ridiculous.
- Had to turn down an invitation to be flown to Beijing for a talk, which feels like a bummer. Trying to figure out if I should take an invitation to fly to Copenhagen in April.
- My gut feelings have been speaking louder recently, and so far I haven't regretted letting them lead.
- Well-designed spaces are deeply pleasurable when/because they embody clarity of intentions.
- Desus and Mero FINALLY HAVE A SHOW AGAIN, and I'm so relieved. The segment where they visited Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in DC had me in happy tears.