- Subculture: Except for a lingering check-in or two, I'M DONE! It was a stressful and grinding final week getting the deliverables shipped in the face of widespread uncertainty and a hard deadline, but the teams did a great job. Friday felt like the last day of summer camp—team members scheduling reunion drinks and gushing appreciation for each other. In my book, that's a win.
- In addition to delivering the actual project, I also managed to write up a bunch of documentation about my process so that the next facilitator (who starts on Monday in London!) won't have to start over from scratch.
- On Wednesday, I came home after a long day to discover that m@ had gotten started on converting Brian's old room into my office by installing lighting and unpacking my books 😭 I'm typing this post in the office now!
- I dug deep into the bottom of my compost pile today and found some usable compost!! Not a lot of it is accessible, but it's good to know that the process actually works. Also, planted peas and tatsoi.
- The consequence of "crunch": I gymmed and cooked only once each :(
- Accidentally killed my baby strawberry seedling today by leaving it in the sun for too long :( :(
Starting tomorrow, my time is more unscheduled than not—for the next six weeks!!! I have been feeling bad that I failed to set up a gig during this time, but it turns out I have a surprising amount of stuff lined up anyway:
- Getting the Teach the 1K talk online
- Finishing the first post (or two) of the Ape Out sound design write-up
- Chipping in on Public Lab UI/UX work
- Start looking for jobs that start in June or later
- Planning my trip to Manila (for the next phase of Subculture work) and any surrounding travel
- Setting up my office
- Getting my garden going
If I get all this done in the next month, I'll be more than content.